Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Spiritual Ordination

Spiritual Ordination through Universal Life ChurchI have been spiritual all of my life. I do not mean I was a "holy roller" or a "bible thumper". From childhood on I have had visions and visitations and inspirations and manifestations and other phenomina. As I progressed through life and went from difficult childhood up to blissful marriage and mother of three kids then down through the death of my husband; he was 32, I was 29 and kids were 9 (twins) and 7, I lost faith.

I sank into depression and debauchery trying to numb myself or kill myself, never sure which one it was I really achieving. But nevertheless the Lord never lost me, angels came continued to come to my rescue, to get me home safely, to keep my kids safe.

Then one day I was floating above my bed with my husband beckoning to me and I KNEW I had to come back, I KNEW I had things to learn and things to do. I hit the bed with a thump and my life changed. Oh, not all rosy and cozy as you may think. On the surface it got worse, I got ill with chronic pain diseases, I gained weight, I lost jobs, I lost my house, I lost my car. But I had God and we were okay. We slowly returned to normal family life, my kids thrived and moved on to have great jobs and good homes.

I turned more and more to spiritual discovery.

The more I learned the more I taught. What I needed to know was dropped in my lap, books opened before me, people appeared in my life to teach me. In turn I became a teacher, I applied to be a mininster in that manner also, I was lead to the site as I was struggling with some decision making. This was an easy decision. I have gotten other credentials since becoming a minister here. But this is "home" to me.

I have had afull life full of distress and adventures and mishaps and sorrows and disease, poverty and riches, happiness and fortune. I have tasted it all and only wish to help others who are in dark places where I have been come into the Light.


Universal Spirit
Rev Elizabeth Hudson
www.universalspirit.zoomshare.com

*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: