Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spiritualism



My first response to "What is Thought:" = A voice in the head.   I was not able to come up with a scientific answer.  Personally I was excited when I started to read this lesson, as I have been using the power of visualization for years now.  As a minister I do not know everything, this is for sure.  I have decided that my religion is actually Life and the way I have chosen to "practice" it or celebrate it - well that is subjective; as what may be right for me might not be right for another, and it is important for me to realize that.
Opinion =  My answer, A belief based on perspective or rumors from the stand point of ones personal experiences. Knowledge = my answer is that knowledge is learned info commonly based on community or facts. - I thought this was a great exercise.  And to understand this perspective of knowledge/opinion and that in actuality we "know nothing" .. A  favorite quote of mine from the movie Pure County is "there are no answers, just the search" - reminds me of this lesson. 
Talking about Imagination, I must share a story; - about 13 years ago my daughter was about 3 years old and we were getting ready to go somewhere and I told her to wear a dress and tights.  She did so and as I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, she was fussing with her legs.  She started to say "mom there are spiders on my legs ... mom ...".   I responded "there are no spiders on your legs".  she came back and said "Mom yes there are spiders on my legs and they are itchy".  I said again = "there are no spiders on your legs its just your imagination" ...and she responded "Well Mom - my imagination hurts ...."    THAT stopped me in my tracks, as that statement is so true for most people.  I realized then the power of thought.
Talking about "truth", I started my search for truth about 15 years ago, was seeking spirituality and to know.  The more I sought to know the more I realized there was so much to learn which at times became overwhelming.  Now I realize that "truth" is a personal experience.  I now realize that what is true for me may not be for another.  I am a Truth seeker but I realize that this truth is subjective and now I seek more connections and experiences.  Now I am not learning to "know" but I rather I am learning to "be".  
I hope through taking this course that I can help others find their personal truth or purpose or mission and find that meaning within their lives.   Thank you for the lesson.
Walk with Wisdom, Peace and Patience,
~Naomi~



**********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with theUniversal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar