Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why I Became An Ordained Minister - Rev Goodson

Greetings Rev Amy,

In response to the questions you asked regarding my experience with ULC, I offer the following:

I recently completed the Master of Chaplaincy Studies course. I enjoyed receiving the classes each week and found them informative.

Currently I am enrolled in two courses, gnosticism and comparative religion. One installment has already arrived the other is due today. Class one was engaging in both subjects.

I have been a ULC minister for about 9 years. There have always been some folks that offered resistance due to my ordination being completed online.  They are a small minority.  By and large my sincerity, professionalism and enthusiasm in ministering to the Spiritual needs of others has left no question of my seriousness or the legitimacy of my ordination.

I would like to say thank you for offering me this fantastic opportunity to serve and for all the blessings it brings.

Sincerely
Rev Doug Goodson