Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Universal Life Church

A Few Words from a Police Officer
Hi Everyone
I have never sent an email like this to everyone on my list before so I hope you all take the time to read it and think about it for a minute.

Because of what is happening all around me right now I wanted to give everyone on my email list "My Friends" something to ponder.

There has been a lot of talk in the newspaper lately about police departments and how expensive they are.  I hear a lot of talk about how much money cops make and how they are taxpayer dollars being wasted.

Recently I watched a movie in which the main character (a cop) said "We spend our lives protecting 99% of the people from 1% of the people. The problem is we have to spend our lives around that 1% and if we do our job 99% of the people think they don't need us."
It really hit home for me when I heard that phrase.  I think about all the homes I have entered in the last 10 years and how much crap I have seen that no normal person (the 99%) would believe. I know that the people living in those homes (the 1%) don't think there is anything wrong with how they live.

It has taught me how blessed I am.  It has also taught me that if you have the blessing of living your life thinking that your police department is a waste of your money, you should be thanking your police department.

Every cop has seen things they can't talk about to anyone who is not a cop.
My brother asked me why I would risk my life for what I get paid. I told him I don't. I risk my life for the people that I might protect.

Those people are you.
Is that worth what you pay?
Think about it. For whatever it's worth.
Bill




*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar