Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Universal Life Church

I became a ordained minister with the Universal Life Church, because I believe mortals are called to Christ's ministry by Christ. Christ does not require a four year degree at a seminary school. Education is always good for the individual, but it is not necessary to preach the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus, did not select the educated scholars of the time to be his 12 apostles, he picked tax collectors, fisherman, unlearned mortals, etc. 

Why, because when you preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, not adding or subtracting anything from the word of God, the Holy Spirit will teach you what you need to say or know, when the time comes. The Universal Life Church, asks only that we be honest and true to ourselves and helpful to our brothers and sisters.

Since, I have been ordained, I have mostly officiated at funerals, now I would not have picked this way to serve, but this must be my calling at the time. To serve and give comfort to those that mourn. I have been told several times that I have the Holy Spirit guiding me in my funeral sermons, and I usually get asked where I went to school, when I tell them I did not attend a seminary, most are surprised, and I feel they think I am joking. But, I pray and give myself to the Holy Spirit, who knows all, and helps us when needed.

I say all this to show that the Universal Life Church is doing a service to the mortals of this earth, male and female, with no rejection because of ones race, sex, education level, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.

God Bless and keep the Universal Life Church,
Reverend Dennis William Hawkins
Unicorporated Jefferson County, Colorado
Gluscushawk-at-Comcast.Net 
ulc.net 

*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar