Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Why I became ordained

I was teaching and lecturing on meditation but I wanted to go deeper into spirituality. Being a Buddhist, I saw my audience as being limited and sometimes judgmental. I started reading a lot of books on Catholicism and got interested in the lives of saints, monks, and nuns. I don't remember what sparked it, but one night I was drawn to looking on Yahoo for minister info. 

The ULC popped up and I read about how easy it was to be ordained. I must admit my ego kicked in and I thought it would be charming to be a "Reverend". The more I read about the ULC and their views, the more I agreed with them that people of all kinds have ministry ability. It's not about memorizing scriptures, it's about being there to help people with their spiritual needs. I liked their interfaith ideas and I felt this was a great way to be able to talk and aid more people than I could have before... :) 

Samadhi
From ulc.net

*******************************
 
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar