Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Shamanism

I want to thank the ULC for offering the course on Shamanism, I have learned very much from this course. Although I wasn't active on the forum I did read questions sent in by other students. One had questioned if the course was worth the price, for me it was. I have bought a few books on Shamanism but none of them had the information that was in this course.
I especially liked lesson 6 on Animism and that there is life in everything, while I enjoy hiking in the woods I now find myself spending more time just sitting in the woods and observing everything. I now believe that there is life in everything if you just become aware of it.
Lesson 9 also made me aware of animal spirits, before when leaving my house I would see the squirrels running around in my yard. But after reading lesson 9 I now believe that the squirrel maybe my animal totem. I watch, feed, and talk to them everyday.
After reading lesson 13 and 14 on the Shamanic Journey I attempted this several times without success. I do use a drumming session but find my mind still wonders. Will continue to try and journey.
For anyone interested in learning more about shamanism I do recommend this course, again I apologize for not being active on the forum but all the questions that were sent in was still valuable information for me.

I hope that all of you taking the course stay on the path as a shamanic practitioner, we all can make a difference.
Thanks again ULC.
Best Wishes to all, Rick
Rev. Rick Fisher


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar