Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Universal Life Church


Hello Rev.Amy,

I know that I sent you a e-mail a while back letting you know about my new ministry so I thought I would give you an update.  First off I already have my ministry registered as a business in the state of Oregon and already have my business license approved and I should have it in hand by the end of the week.  I have had to take these steps because of the weddings I will be doing.  I have a friend working on my web site and it will be up and going soon.

The wedding side of my business is just the beginning.  I became ordained in the ULC while I was working as a Chemical Dependency Counselor in the hope of starting a faith based treatment program.  Since working in that field I have always had a passion for working with people struggling with addiction.  I have a special connection with people in recovery because I myself am in recovery from a drug addiction.  Because the people that I worked with knew that I was also in recovery it produced a bond of trust between us.  They knew that I understood the pain and the struggle of recovery. 

I no longer work in the Chemical Dependency field but I still have the passion for working and helping these people.  They are my people.  This is the vision of my ministry.  To help give these people that are truly dedicated to their recovery efforts hope and direction in their lives.

Amy, at this point I am willing to try anything to see that my vision for this ministry becomes a reality.  I respectfully ask for your wisdom and would appreciate any advice you have to give me ideas to see my vision come to a reality.I recal reading in a newsletter of some sort of publication from the ULC that Sharon Stone in Hollywood is a a ordained ULC minister.  Do you recal seeing something about this?  I think it would be a blessing if Sharon knew about my vision for this ministry and could help get my message out about my ministry's desire to give people support and help.  I'm not sure what needs to be done to get my message out but I think just people knowing and understanding the struggles that these people have is a good start.  I do know there are plenty of people in Hollywood that are in recovery.  These people understand the pain of being an addict.  I'm not sure how involved Sharon is in the ULC Church but it would be great if I could at least let her know about my ministry and it's vision of hope.  If you have any Idea how I could get my ministry's message to her it would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the wedding end of this I hope to be booking weddings before Valentines Day.  I am very blessed to have a lot of good friends that are helping me get this off the ground.
I do appreciate your time and I hope to here from you soon.

Blessing and peace,

--
Loren H. Holloway
Minister
Universal Faith Ministry and Weddings

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar