Why People Become Ordained

Here are some stories about why people became ordained through the Universal Life Church and have trained through our online seminary. They readily share their stories and knowledge to help you add to yours.

Monday, November 03, 2008

A Course in Miracles

A Course in Miracles
Dr. of Metaphysics- Essay




I've been struggling with this essay for the past four days- which I find to be astounding, as this course is basically a reflection of the way that I have tried to live my life and beliefs that I have held since I can remember. I realize that this course is Christian-based, yet I see it as applicable to ALL religions, which reinforces my belief that ALL ARE ONE... even if the terminology is different. When I was young, I was deeply influenced by my studies of Edgar Cayce, which I feel gave me greater insight into the lessons.




This course teaches us to view our lives as a service to others in their own struggle to reunite with the Higher Power, thereby moving us along the same path. When we take the attitude of "giving instead of getting", we receive the blessings of that Higher Power and attract good things into our lives.




Positive envisioning to attract what we want/need, is a powerful tool. When we grasp that concept, we see that focusing on what we DON'T want attracts the same into our lives, and we are one step further to breaking the cycle of self-defeat that entraps many. Understanding that the unconscious mind thinks in pictures/images, let's us realize that the focus of our thoughts cannot be a negative, as this does not tranlate into image. Also, knowing that things happen because they are supposed to and accepting misfortunes as a learning opportunities, gives us a different perspective. We are no longer "victims"




Although I agree in essence with the lesson on personal relationships, yet I found it distrubing in part because it could be misconstrued that an abusive relationship should be endured. This brought to mind the last line of the prayer "... and the wisdom to know the difference."




In all, this course is an invaluable "owner's manual" for human existaece.




Play nice; don't fight!


Rev. Diane Young Christian


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. 

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.


 
The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.  
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar